Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a cool and refreshing salad great for lunch or dinner.
- 6 cups bite sized pieces salad greens
- 2 cups cut up cooked chicken
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
Barbeque Salad Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare Salad Dressing by mixing all ingredients well.
- Toss salad greens, chicken, bacon and tomatoes.
- Garnish with egg.
- Serve with dressing.
Karen, this salad is first-rate! I never would have thought to use barbecue sauce in a salad dressing, but it's wonderful. :)
This was really good! A nice, light meal... but with the chicken -- it is filling! We'll be making this more often. We also made it with turkey bacon for the bacon, omitted the egg (husband doesn't care for them), and used light/lowfat for the dressing... still WONDERFUL!
This is a great change from regular plain salad. The salad dressing is really good! The only change I made was I used light mayo instead of regular. I also made bbq chicken on the grill to go with it. Thanks for a keeper!!