Chicken, Black Beans and Rice
- In large saucepan, pour chicken broth; add rice and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Bring to a broil over high temperature, stir, cover, reduce temperature to low and cook without stirring for 25 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, place olive oil in small frypan and heat over medium temperature. Add onion and red pepper, stirring and cooking about 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in black beans, bay leaf, vinegar, liquid smoke, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook on low temperature, uncovered, about 5 minutes.
- When rice is done, stir the cooked chicken into rice. Gently add black bean mixture, cover, turn off heat and let sit on cooking eye about 5 minutes.