Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
found at eatchicken.com
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into pieces
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In large saucepan, pour chicken broth; add rice and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Bring to a broil over high temperature, stir, cover, reduce temperature to low and cook without stirring for 25 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, place olive oil in small frypan and heat over medium temperature. Add onion and red pepper, stirring and cooking about 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in black beans, bay leaf, vinegar, liquid smoke, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook on low temperature, uncovered, about 5 minutes.
- When rice is done, stir the cooked chicken into rice. Gently add black bean mixture, cover, turn off heat and let sit on cooking eye about 5 minutes.