Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this out of a cooking light a few years ago. The dressing is amazing-the whole salad is terrific!
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 cups lettuce
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked)
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (I like the the jalepeno black beans or the cumin ones by Kunars)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- red onion, green pepper, avocado, black olives, etc
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl & mix well (or you can toss them all in a food processor & blend.).
- Layer salad ingredients, & top with vinaigrette.
- (To make lighter, you can reduce oil to 1 T, and skip the cheese!).
This was a great, light salad. The kids even loved it. I chopped the veggies and had them all on the side so we could all make what we wanted. I had black olives, avocado, mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes and cheese on mine. Mmmm. Very tasty. The kids weren't crazy over the dressing so they put on which ever is their favorite. And to top it off, they asked if I'd make them into wraps for lunches today. Thanks for the recipe!!