Recipe by Nickeletta
This is my 8-year-old daughter's favorite meal.
Top Review by Caribbacanas
I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs as that's where the flavor is. Also I preseason the chicken prior to grilling it first. This gives it a good seer to lock in juices and adds a smokiness to it, slice it up then introduce to recipe. Cilantro and diced green onions are another addition opted for during the simmer phase.
USE YOUR IMAGINATION
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large soup kettle. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Add cubed chicken and cook until done.
- * I sometimes use precooked chicken to save a couple minutes prep time or use up leftovers.
- Add broth, spices ,black beans, tomatoes, and corn. Bring to a boil, and then let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Can also be cooked in the crockpot rather than on the stovetop -- in fact. the longer it cooks the tastier it is. Freezes well also.