1/2 Photos of Chicken, Black Bean, and Tortilla Casserole
1 hr 25 mins
My sister made this and gave me the recipe to post.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, including juice, slightly pureed
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 -3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1In a big skillet, warm the oil over medium heat; add in onion, green pepper, and garlic; saute about 5 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- 2Add in tomatoes, salsa, cumin, salt, pepper, and oregano; stir to mix.
- 3Stir in beans and chicken.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°.
- 5In a lightly oiled 4-quart casserole spread 1/3 of the bean-chicken mixture over the bottom.
- 6Top with 4 tortillas and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- 7Add another 1/3 of the bean-chicken mixture and 1 cup cheese.
- 8Top with 4 tortillas and 1 cup cheese.
- 9Add remaining bean-chicken mixture; cover and bake about 40 minutes, until bubbly.
- 10Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese; cook 10 minutes; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Oven Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oven Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Black Bean, and Tortilla Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.1
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.2 mg
- Sodium 878.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 44.6 g