Chicken is one of the most popular meats eaten in eastern Europe. Use guinea fowl to mimic the gamey flavour of their chickens. Serve with pickled beets and a green salad. My kids like this with dipping sauces, ketchup, ranch dip, and honey mustard are their favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a pan; fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes until soft and all the juices have evaporated. Allow to cool.
- 2Mix the breadcrumbs, chicken, egg yolks, nutmeg, salt and pepper and mushrooms well.
- 3Whisk the egg whites until stiff; stir half into the chicken mixture; fold in the remainder.
- 4Shape the mixture into 12 even small cylinders, about 3 inches long and about 1 inch wide.
- 5Roll in the flour to coat.
- 6Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- 7Fry the bitkis for 10 minutes, turning until evenly golden brown and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Russian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Russian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Bitki
Serving Size: 1 (643 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.1
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 57.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 7.6 g