Recipe by Kim1
A great recipe for left over chicken.
Top Review by Marie
The only thing I would do differently in this recipe would be to pop it in the oven without the biscuits to get it bubbling hot and then proceed with topping it. I didn't feel like it had cooked long enough and the biscuits became too brown. All in all, a good tasting recipe. Thanks, Kim.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup pillsbury best all-purpose flour or 1⁄3 cup unbleached flour
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup green giant frozen sweet peas
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 (12 ounce) canhungry jack ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- poppy seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt margarine in 10-inch oven-proof skillet.
- Stir in flour and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, or until smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk; cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken, peas, carrots and onion; cook until hot and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- Arrange biscuits over hot chicken mixture in skillet; sprinkle with poppy seed (optional).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Makes 5 (1 1/2 cup) servings.