Recipe by Pamma Lamma
Utterly scrumptious!!! I made this for friends we had over for supper. They ranted and raved at the wonderful taste. It's truly an easy, easy recipe to make the the taste is out of this world.
Top Review by MN Farmgirl
This was great and easy. The guys are in the field so I made this very quickly, using refrigerated biscuits and took it out to the field. The whole crew said "Make this one again!" I think it would be great with mushrooms too.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen vegetables
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees For base, heat oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add onion.
- Cook and stir until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, basil and thyme.
- Add milk, Worcestershire sauce and boullion powder.
- Return to medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir until mixture comes to boil and is thickened.
- Stir in chicken, vegetables and cheese.
- Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into 2-quart casserole.
- For biscuits, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, parsley and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add milk and oil.
- Stir with fork until mixture is just moistened.
- Drop dough by well-rounded measuring tablespoonfuls onto the hot chicken mixture to form 8 biscuits.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until chicken mixture is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown.