Recipe by Air Force Mama
This is a great comfort food dish. I begged my mom to make this all the time when I was a child, so the is a child pleaser dish! And now my kids ask for this dish all the time! To make it even better I serve with homemade baked mashed potatoes and buttered corn.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 (12 ounce) can biscuits, I prefer Pillsbury Golden Layers Honey Butter Biscuits - 10 count
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a cooking pot, boil chicken breast in enough water to cover chicken.
- Once the chicken is done, take out of water and using a fork, shred the chicken and return to the water and bring to a full boil.
- Mix the cornstarch and chicken granules with the cold milk and slowly add to the boiling chicken. This should turn the chicken and water into the consistency of gravy. If its not thick enough, add more cornstarch/milk mixture to thicken it up.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add the chicken gravy mixture to a oven safe casserole dish.
- Add the uncooked biscuits on top of the chicken gravy and bake in the oven according to the directions on the biscuit can.
- I serve this dish with mashed potaotes and some type of vegetable.