1/2 Photos of Chicken Biryani
If you are like us and enjoy Indian food but are a bit daunted by the idea of cooking it then this biryani could be a good place to start for you. It is a fairly easy one dish meal and you can control the spice levels by picking the strength of curry paste that your family would enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11 1/2 ounces basmati rice
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 4 tablespoons curry paste
- 3 ounces raisins
- 30 fluid ounces chicken stock
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/8 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1Soak the rice in warm water, then wash in cold until the water runs clear.
- 2Heat butter in a saucepan and cook the onions with the bay leaf and other whole spices for 10 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle in the turmeric, then add chicken and curry paste and cook until aromatic.
- 4Stir the rice into the pan with the raisins, then pour over the stock.
- 5Place a tight-fitting lid on the pan and bring to a hard boil, then lower the heat to a minimum and cook the rice for another 5 minutes.
- 6Turn off the heat and leave for 10 minutes.
- 7Stir well, mixing through half the coriander.
- 8To serve, scatter over the rest of the coriander and the almonds.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Biryani
Serving Size: 1 (623 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 805.8
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 158.8 mg
- Sodium 595.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 68.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: