1 hr 45 mins
This is a newly adopted recipe. I will be working on making it lower in fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper, Ground
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped very fine
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons garlic, Minced
- 3 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups green onions, chopped very fine
CHICKEN SEASONING MIX
- 1NOTE: To make a Rich Chicken Stock strain the basic stock, then continue simmering it until evaporation reduces the liquid by half.
- 2For example, if the recipe calls for 1 cup Rich Stock, start it with at least 2 cups of strained basic stock.
- 3dark meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 5Place in the hot water, oil and salt in a large pot over high heat; and cover and bring to a boil.
- 6When water reaches a rolling boil, add small amounts of spaghetti at a time to the pot, breaking up oil patches as you drop the spaghetti inches.
- 7Return to boiling and cook to al dente stage, do not over cook.(To test doneness of spaghetti, cut a strand in half near the end of cooking time.
- 8When done, there should be only a speck of white in the center, less than one-fourth the diameter of the strand.) Do not overcook.
- 9During this cooking time, use a wooden or spaghetti spoon to lift spaghetti out of the water by spoonfuls and shake strands back into the boiling water. (It may be an old wives' tale, but this procedure seems to enhance the spaghetti's texture.) Then immediately drain spaghetti into a collander; stop cooking process by running cold water over strands. (If you used dry spaghetti, first rinse with hot water to wash off starch.) After the pasta has cooled thoroughly, about 2 to 3 minutes, pour a liberal amount of vegetable oil in your hands and toss spaghetti.
- 10Set aside still in the colander.
- 11Meanwhile, thoroughly combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- 12In a 4-quart saucepan, combine 1-1/2 sticks of the butter, the onions and garlic cloves; saute over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 13Add the minced garlic and seasoning mix; continue cooking over medium heat until onions are dark brown, but not burned, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often.
- 14Add 2-1/2 cups of the stock, the Worcestershire and Tabasco; bring to a fast simmer and cook about 8 minutes, stirring often.
- 15Stir in the tomato sauce and bring mixture to a boil.
- 16Then stir in the sugar and 1 cup of the green onions; gently simmer uncovered about 40 nminutes, stirring occasionally.
- 17Heat the serving plates in a 250F oven.
- 18Combine the ingredients of the chicken seasoning mix in a small bowl; mix well.
- 19Sprinkle over the chicken, rubbing it in with your hands.
- 20In a large skillet melt 1-1/2 sticks of the butter over medium heat.
- 21Add the remaining 1 cup green onions and saute over high heat about 3 minutes.
- 22Add the chicken and continue cooking 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 23When the tomato sauce has simmered about 40 minutes, stir in the chicken mixture and heat through.
- 24To finish the dish, for each serving melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 25Add one-sixth of the cooked spaghetti (a bit less than a 2 cup measure); heat spaghetti 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 26Add 1-1/4 cups chicken and sauce and 2 tablespoons of remaining stock; heat throughly, stirring frequently.
- 27Remove from heat.
- 28Roll spaghetti on a large fork and lift onto a heated serving plate.
- 29Repeat process for remaining servings.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Big Mamou on Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (1664 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1574.7
- Calories from Fat 942
- Total Fat 104.7 g
- Saturated Fat 52.2 g
- Cholesterol 300.4 mg
- Sodium 6350.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 50.3 g