This recipe may sound exotic, but the ingredients are those found in many kitchens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup water, if needed
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 3 green chilies
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1Heat a skillet, over medium heat, and saute onions in the oil until they start to soften, about 5 minutes; stir in salt, chili powder, ground coriander, ground turmeric, and the ginger-garlic paste.
- 2Stir in the tomatoes and cook about 5 minutes.
- 3Increase the heat to high, add chicken, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes; add a little water to loosen up the sauce, if needed.
- 4Add in the minced garlic and green chilies, replace cover, and simmer an additional 8 minutes.
- 5Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Bhuna
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 781.2
- Calories from Fat 557
- Total Fat 61.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 170.1 mg
- Sodium 1050.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 44.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: