Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe may sound exotic, but the ingredients are those found in many kitchens.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water, if needed
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 3 green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- Heat a skillet, over medium heat, and saute onions in the oil until they start to soften, about 5 minutes; stir in salt, chili powder, ground coriander, ground turmeric, and the ginger-garlic paste.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook about 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, add chicken, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes; add a little water to loosen up the sauce, if needed.
- Add in the minced garlic and green chilies, replace cover, and simmer an additional 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the chopped cilantro.