Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe may sound exotic, but the ingredients are those found in many kitchens.
Make and share this Chicken Bhuna recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water, if needed
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 3 green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- Heat a skillet, over medium heat, and saute onions in the oil until they start to soften, about 5 minutes; stir in salt, chili powder, ground coriander, ground turmeric, and the ginger-garlic paste.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook about 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, add chicken, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes; add a little water to loosen up the sauce, if needed.
- Add in the minced garlic and green chilies, replace cover, and simmer an additional 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the chopped cilantro.