Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe uses three kinds of fresh berries and your choice of mixed salad greens, all tossed together with grilled chicken and a special honey mustard dressing.
- 1 (3/4 ounce) packethoney mustard salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans
- In a medium bowl, prepare the dressing according to package directions, using vinegar and oil, and substituting orange juice for the water; set aside.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the chicken 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and slice into strips.
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, salad greens, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peas, and pecans. Pour in the prepared dressing, and toss to coat.
I love this salad for one BIG reason and that is being able to use fresh fruits. (the snap peas came from the farmers market too:-) Summer is the perfect time and then adding a grilled chicken breast, well, what could be better. I used a packet of Hellmann's Honey Dijon FF dressing for the mix. I eat a salad everynight for my supper and so am always looking for a different version than the standard veggies I normally add. I loved this Anna. The only thing I omitted was the pecans per preference and raspberries and that simply because they're so expensive. This is one recipe that I will use again! Tagged and made for PhotoTag~
Very interesting recipe. I did not think the fruits and peas would "play nicely" together but the tastes surprisinly worked well together. The dresing had a nice tang to it. I was very skeptical of this recipe but it really was quite good, a nice diffrent treat for me and my familys taste buds! I will use this dressing on lots of diffrent things now. Thanks for posting!