Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Chicken Bell Peppers Onions and Mushrooms With Marsala recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced red bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (such as shiitake, cremini, and oyster)
- 3 tablespoons marsala wine
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken breast tenders to pan; sauté 7 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add sliced onion and sliced bell pepper to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until onion starts to brown.
- Add olive oil, salt, black pepper, and presliced exotic mushrooms to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and onion starts to caramelize.
- Add Marsala wine and chicken to pan, and cook for 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
I agree, it could use more sauce. I used 4T of marsala, 1T butter and a little cornstarch to thicken. It still could have used more. Served over rice. Would be better over pasta I think.
I made this last night, Di. Simply yummy. Ed loved it, too. As another said, I think next time, I'm going to make it a bit saucier, but it really is a great recipe. :) I served it over angel hair past.
Wonderful light and healthy recipe. We used less meat, more veges and more (white)wine, and served it over rice.