Recipe by mmlwjr
This is a very versitile chicken recipe. I like to use different colored peppers because it makes it eye appealling. Also when it calls for flour I use cornstarch, also instead of water I use white wine, adds a different flavor but nice.mmmmmm
- 3 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (1/2 lb) chicken, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 large bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon flour
- mushroom, fresh or canned,whatever i have on hand (the liquid for gravey instead of water)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon, crumble.
- Mix flour salt& pepper, paprika together, coat chicken.
- Cook in the remaining fat or use olive oil.
- Remove chicken, drain the frying pan.
- Add the onions, mushrooms& peppers for about 5 minute.
- Now the water, bring to a boil, turn down, add peppers& chicken.
- Sprinkle with oregano& cumin.
- Cover, cook till the juices in the chicken run clear.
- Remove chicken,& veggeies.
- Make gravy with the remaining flour& water.
- Pour over chicken& veggies, sprinkle the bacon on top, you'll see the eye appeal with the different colored peppers.
- (you can also sprinkle a bit of chopped chives, veiwer discretion).