This is a very versitile chicken recipe. I like to use different colored peppers because it makes it eye appealling. Also when it calls for flour I use cornstarch, also instead of water I use white wine, adds a different flavor but nice.mmmmmm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (1/2 lb) chicken, cut up
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 large bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon flour
- mushroom, fresh or canned,whatever i have on hand (the liquid for gravey instead of water)
- 1Fry bacon, crumble.
- 2Mix flour salt& pepper, paprika together, coat chicken.
- 3Cook in the remaining fat or use olive oil.
- 4Remove chicken, drain the frying pan.
- 5Add the onions, mushrooms& peppers for about 5 minute.
- 6Now the water, bring to a boil, turn down, add peppers& chicken.
- 7Sprinkle with oregano& cumin.
- 8Cover, cook till the juices in the chicken run clear.
- 9Remove chicken,& veggeies.
- 10Make gravy with the remaining flour& water.
- 11Pour over chicken& veggies, sprinkle the bacon on top, you'll see the eye appeal with the different colored peppers.
- 12(you can also sprinkle a bit of chopped chives, veiwer discretion).
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.8
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 519.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 11.8 g