Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
a great soup i made for my family. threw some ingredients together and my two year old twins ate it amazing!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) containersliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (2 for chicken, 1 for veggies)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 2 cups prepared Minute brown rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, for seasoning chicken
- salt the chicken with garlic salt and pepper.
- brown in a dutch oven or soup pot remove from pot.
- in same pot add remaining olive oil and butter.
- add vegetable and lemon zest (not the lemon juice yet).
- cook the veggies down about 10 minutes maybe less.
- Add the chicken back to the pot and add the chick broth, basil,
- and lemon juice.
- while thats cooking prepare 2 cups brown minute rice according
- to package.
- when the soup is finished about 20 minutes put in bowls.
- and spoon brown rice on top of bowls.
- serve with a nice crusty bread.