Recipe by internetnut
Each serving provides: 8 points. I found this recipe in Weight Watchers 123 Success Living With Points Week 2 Meal Ideas leaflet. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
Top Review by Chez 4411 chef
Totally tastes like beef! Not spicy even with the chili powder and cayanne so keep the hot sauce handy if you are so inclined. Good leftover as well with rice. Also added grated cheese for flavor.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 45 ounces canned crushed tomatoes (3 - 14 1/2oz cans)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup canned chick-peas, rinsedb and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick Dutch oven or saucepan, heat the oil. Saute the bell peppers and onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken; cook, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the flour, chili powder, cumin, cocoa powder, and cayenne; cook, stirring briskly and constantly, 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until thick, 30-40 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas; simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.