Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posting for ZWT3. This is from George Foreman’s grilling cookbook. “Sweet and hot peppers, garlic, cumin, pomegranates, and the aroma of hardwood charcoal are all reminiscent of Middle Eastern cuisine... Serve this tasty chicken with a cucumber, mint, and yogurt salad and a basket of toasted pita bread.” They suggest 1 tablespoon of lemon juice plus one teaspoon of honey if you are unable to find pomegranate syrup.
- 8 pieces chicken
- salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 large roasted red peppers (grilled or bottled)
- 3 jalapenos, roasted and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate syrup or 1 tablespoon molasses
- Rinse the chicken, pat dry, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Put in a large plastic bag.
- Put the ingredients for the marinade in a food processor and puree.
- Pour over the chicken, seal the bag tightly, and marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and save the marinade.
- Grill the chicken until juices run clear. Baste with the reserved marinade as needed to form an even crust.