Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Beer Battered Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups beer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, separate from batter for coating of chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, substitute your choice of chicken
- In a small mixing bowl add flour, egg, garlic powder and black pepper. Stir in 1 1/2 cup of beer. You can add more/less beer to reach desired consistency. Mix Well.
- Once batter is mixed, place flour on plate and coat chicken pieces with flour. Then coat with batter and place in deep fryer for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and at least 165 degrees inside. Don't cook too much at once, or the oil will get cooled down too far and will soak in making your chicken soggy.