Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Toasted almonds and beer give this dish a great flavor. This is a simple dish from my Southern Living books. Serve with rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 split chicken breast halves
- vegetable oil
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds, divided
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour salt and pepper; dredge the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Brown the chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Remove the chicken and place in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine soup, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of almonds, beer, and mushrooms; mix well. Pour over the chicken. Bake uncovered at 350°F for 1 hour, basting occasionally.
- Sprinkle with remaining almonds before serving.