Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
These kabobs are great as either an appetizer or a main dish. Just be careful and DO NOT OVERCOOK! The Prep Time includes the 30 minutes it takes to marinate the meat. You can delete the red pepper in the Peanut Sauce if your family does not like spicy food. Or better yet, substitute chili powder for it!!
- 1 lb chicken cutlet
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 2 large limes (zest and juice)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot (grated)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Slice chicken cutlets lengthwise, into strips.
- Slice steak into thin strips, place both in a bowl.
- Into a small bowl, grate 2 Tsp lime peel and squeeze 2 T juice.
- Add 1/4 cup soy sauce, grated ginger root, sugar and minced garlic.
- Mix well with a fork.
- Pour over meat stips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Prepare Spicy Peanut Sauce.
- Combine peanut butter, water, rice vinegar, 1 T soy sauce, molasses and red pepper in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Thread meat strips onto skewers, accordion style.
- Grill over medium heat 3 to 7 minutes, turning once, until just cooked through.
- (DO NOT OVERCOOK!) Serve with peanut sauce.
As my 7 year old daughter put it, "it's very limey". It was a quick marinade to throw together, however, I would add either more soy sauce or decrease the limes to 1. We served the beef sate on a bed of rice.