Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've only used stock to make this, but will try it with buillion and update. This can be made ahead and reheated slowly. The prep is minus making the stock. This gravy is a little time consuming, but worth it.
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 354.88 ml chopped yellow onions (2 onions)
- 59.14 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml stock (warmed)
- In a saute pan lighty brown onions and butter over low heat 15 minutes.
- Wisk in flour, salt, and pepper and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add hot stock.
- Cook uncovered 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
My Thanksgiving dressing was already heavy with onions, so I didn't use and also cut the butter down. I used Wondra flour and broth and made it in a cast iron skillet. It turned out great! It made enough for two people to have a generous serving for two meals. Georgi, thanks for the post; I look forward to trying with different variations.
A simple alternative to gravies made with drippings. I used mine on open-faced turkey sandwiches.