Recipe by Pneuma66
This is always a hit with the family and with guests. It's easy to make, and healthy as well. Also, it tastes great.
- 24 hard taco shells (Bearitos brand is the best)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1/2-inch squares
- 1 (12 ounce) can refried beans (pinto)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 12 ounces cut corn
- 6 ounces black beans
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 6 lettuce leaves, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) jar red pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop up chicken into 1/2 inch squares. Heatup the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken, sprinkle it with salt, and fry until cooked. Add the refried beans to the frying pan, add the can of tomatoes, and the bell pepper, onion, garlic, corn, black beans, jalapeno pepper sauce, and cook until it thickens up. Add the chili powder, red pepper sauce, paprika, and sour cream. cook till all vegetables are soft. The two key taste ingredients here are the red pepper sauce and the jalapeno pepper sauce. Try to find varieties that just use the skins, and not the seeds. Also, adjust the amounts to your own taste.
- Unwrap taco shells, and place them in the oven separated on a cookie sheet, and warm them up at about 250 degrees. Meanwhile, Chop lettuce, tomatoes, and grate cheddar cheese. Put each in a separate serving bowl. Pull the taco shells out of the oven.
- In each taco shell, put some chicken/bean filling, and top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and sprinkle some red pepper sauce on top.