Recipe by threeovens
This is cooked the old-fashioned way - seasoned after cooking. This method ensures that each ingredient retains it's own individual flavor. This is the way our grandmothers cooked.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 large onion, sliced in half moons
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces canned red beans (1/2 can)
- 8 ounces canned cannellini (1/2 can)
- 8 ounces canned black beans (1/2 can)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 lb yucca root, peeled
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and halved
- 1 celery, chopped
- 10 baby carrots
- 8 ounces diced fire-roasted tomatoes (canned)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large oven safe saucepan or Dutch oven, brown chicken, on both sides, over medium high heat; set aside.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook 2 minutes more.
- Deglaze pot with wine.
- Add beans, broth, yuca, potatoes, celery, and carrots; bring to a boil.
- Stir in tomatoes, cover and place in 350 degree F oven for 1 hour; season to taste.