1 hr 15 mins
This is cooked the old-fashioned way - seasoned after cooking. This method ensures that each ingredient retains it's own individual flavor. This is the way our grandmothers cooked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1/2 large onion, sliced in half moons
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces canned red beans (1/2 can)
- 8 ounces canned cannellini (1/2 can)
- 8 ounces canned black beans (1/2 can)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 lb yucca root, peeled
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and halved
- 1 celery, chopped
- 10 baby carrots
- 8 ounces diced fire-roasted tomatoes (canned)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1In a large oven safe saucepan or Dutch oven, brown chicken, on both sides, over medium high heat; set aside.
- 2Add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add garlic; cook 2 minutes more.
- 4Deglaze pot with wine.
- 5Add beans, broth, yuca, potatoes, celery, and carrots; bring to a boil.
- 6Stir in tomatoes, cover and place in 350 degree F oven for 1 hour; season to taste.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Bean Pot
Serving Size: 1 (542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.4 mg
- Sodium 835.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced fire-roasted tomatoes