Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Better Homes and Gardens 5-Ingredient Slow-Cooker Recipes cookbook 2004.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle chipotle salsa
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (6 oz)
- shredded lettuce
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- sour cream
- Place chicken and beans in crock pot. Pour salsa over chicken and beans.
- Cover and cook on low-heat for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Use a potato masher to mash beans in crock pot. Return chicken to cooker, stir in cheese to combine.
- Divide chicken among tortillas, top with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, etc.
Delicious! I'm new to crock pot dishes (only the second recipe I've made in my crock pot), but this was great! I used 2 cans of pinto beans (one with jalapeños for an extra kick) instead of the recommended one can. I left the beans whole instead of mashing them. I thought it was going to be a bit too liquidy but when I put the shredded chicken back in it was perfect. I left the cheese out to be a bit healthier and it was still delicious. Definitely enough for plenty of leftovers!
This was a very easy and delicious recipe for the crockpot ~ the family just LOVED it, and leftovers were easy to pack up for lunches too! I used a medium salsa instead of the chipotle salsa, and added some smoked paprika and smoky seasoned salt, personal preference. Made for PAC Spring 2009!
I had made a big pot of pinto beans and wanted to put them to use for another Dinner, this recipe was perfect, easy and delicious. I did add a packet of Taco seasoning mix to spice it up just a little. Thanks for a great recipe, I think I will have this every time I fix pinto beans.