Recipe by TheFarlands
Better Homes and Gardens 5-Ingredient Slow-Cooker Recipes cookbook 2004.
Top Review by Agleysteen
Delicious! I'm new to crock pot dishes (only the second recipe I've made in my crock pot), but this was great! I used 2 cans of pinto beans (one with jalapeños for an extra kick) instead of the recommended one can. I left the beans whole instead of mashing them. I thought it was going to be a bit too liquidy but when I put the shredded chicken back in it was perfect. I left the cheese out to be a bit healthier and it was still delicious. Definitely enough for plenty of leftovers!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle chipotle salsa
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (6 oz)
- shredded lettuce
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken and beans in crock pot. Pour salsa over chicken and beans.
- Cover and cook on low-heat for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Use a potato masher to mash beans in crock pot. Return chicken to cooker, stir in cheese to combine.
- Divide chicken among tortillas, top with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, etc.