Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made these for a party and they were gone in 20 minutes. Seems hard but was very easy!
- 1 lb chicken legs with thigh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1/2 ounce) packet sazon goya
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 15 1⁄2 ounces cannellini beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 20 empanada wrappers (goya discos)
- In a large saute pan, brown chicken in heated olive oil.
- Add sazon, oregano and fill with water until chicken in half covered.
- Cook Chicken thoroughly, about 30-40 minutes. Drain water.
- Let cool until easy to handle.
- Remove skin and shred chicken.
- Mix into chicken balance of ingredients, except for discos. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Thaw discos if frozen.
- Take mixture and add 1-2 tbsps and put on center of disco.
- Fold into half moon and secure edges with fork tongs.
- Ley empanadas on a baking sheet and brush top with butter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until top is brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
sounds like an awesome meal, or side dish, now the only guestion i am to ask is where does this dish originate from?