Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a really tasty recipe for BBQ Chicken on the grill.
Make and share this Chicken BBQ Spicy Grilled Citrus Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ground black pepper
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves, on the bone
- frozen orange juice concentrate, defrosted
- Combine all ingredients except chicken. Place chicken in a glass dish. Reserve 1/3 cup marinade and refrigerate. Pour the remaining marinade over chicken, cover and marinate at least 12 hours or overnight.
- Turn the chicken occasionally. To finish the chicken: Prepare the grill. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Place chicken on oiled grill. Grill over medium-hot coals until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Turn and brush with reserved marinade.
- Continue cooking 15 minutes longer. Last brushing with marinade should be 8 to 10 minutes before meat is done. Heat remaining marinade in a small pan on stove to a boil, and serve as a dipping sauce for chicken. This can also be baked rather than grilled.