Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe utilizes two of the refrigerated Pillsbury pie crusts (the ones that come rolled into tubes-2 to a box) for a top and bottom crust instead of traditional crust.
- 2 pillsbury pie crusts (from refrigerated section of your grocer)
- 1 chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, to taste (or more, your favorite kind)
- Preheat oven to 450°F according to pie crust instructions.
- According to pie crust instructions, nuke each pie crust roll (by itself) in microwave on defrost or 30% power for 15-25 seconds OR let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Spray round pizza pan with nonstick and unroll pie crust onto pan. Prick all over several times with a fork. Bake in center of oven for approximately 5 minutes or until pie crust is no longer moist and is starting get a light golden color. Do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, chop small onion and cube (small cubes) one chicken breast (I use kitchen scissors to make chopping chicken quicker)and sauté together for about 5 minutes or until chicken is done and onions are starting to get clear.
- Take pie crust out of oven, spread cheddar cheese on bottom pie crust, then spread chicken and onions on top of cheese, then spread mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken and onions.
- Now, drizzle your favorite barbecue sauce back and forth over the entire pizza. Start with 1/2 cup and if it isn't mostly covered with that much, use more.
- Unroll last pie crust, and place on top of the other pie crust and other ingredients. Press edges of top crust to bottom edge. It wont stick completely because you cooked the bottom crust a little already. Prick top crust with a fork. BROIL about 4 inches away from heat for about 5 minutes (keep checking because your oven may be different from mine) until crust starts to lose that moist look, then bake at 450°F in center of oven for another 4 minutes or until edges of crust start to get golden and top looks flaky and done.
- Cut with pizza cutter and serve with a spatula. You eat this pizza with a fork.
Definite 5 stars here!! Not only easy to make but so delicious!! Great recipe Caryn, just loved it