Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is like the chicken you get at the firemen's days and picnics
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 -3 lbs cutup chicken or 2 -3 lbs chicken halves
- whisk all ingredients but chicken.
- put chicken in container, pour mixture over chicken to cover.
- marinate overnight (the longer the better!).
- Cook on the grill over fairly high heat. This helps seal in the moisture. It takes about 30 minutes but will vary as situations differ.
LOVE it! Just like my dad makes. He calls is Eastern Shore Chicken because he got the recipe from a Fireman on the Eastern Shore of MD. Yummy!!!
This is our FAVORITE grilled chicken recipe. We found it here a couple of years ago, and our friends will wait in line to get this off of the charcoal grill at our Labor Day parties! Very easy, super tasty, and inexpensive enough to serve a ton! We let the chicken marinate overnight before grilling. Try this for your next party, and you won't be disappointed!
PAC baby- this is great. Made for dinner this evening and DH loved it. He thought I bought it at the market and claimed as my own. He said it tasted like chicken from the picnic ground- exactly as you said it would. This is a definite keeper especially for the summer months at the campground. VERY EASY to make and the smells are fantastic.