Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was a Market Day recipe that I found in a church cookbook.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Heat oil in skillet and brown chicken on both sides.
- Place chicken in a single layer in an oven-proof pan.
- Combine soup, soy sauce, 2 tbs.
- of almonds, beer, and mushrooms.
- Pour over chicken and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Baste occasionally.
- After 45 minutes, sprinkle with the remaining almonds and bake for the remaining 15 minutes.
- This can be served over rice or noodles.