- 1 (2 -3 lb) roasting chickens
- 2 teaspoons of miscellaneous spices (that contain garlic power or fresh chopped garlic,salt, pepper, msg, etc.)
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 apple, cut into quarters
- 1 oranges, lemon, grapefruit or 1 lime
- string, to tie legs
- steel skewer
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken inside and out!
- Put 1/3 spices inside cavity along with the quartered onion and apple.
- Also try grapes,oranges,lemons,limes.Any fruit that has plenty of juice.It will baste itself while cooking and turning.
- Pat dry and use the other 2/3's outside and rub into the chicken skin!
- Tie legs and put skewers where needed to keep firm on rod!
- Cook on medium heat for 2 hours, let rest when done for 15 minutes and serve!