Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me by a Basque friend. Very good with rice or mashed potatoes.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 6 ounces bacon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the bacon in a flameproof casserole, and cook over high heat until crisp.
- Add the onion, garlic and green pepper and cook until soft.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pan, and sprinkle with flour; mix well until browned.
- Add the wine, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 45 minutes.
It was very flavorful. I didn't put any stars because I used red wine- and I know this will change the flavor from using white wine. I'm sure it's as good using either. Also, at step 4, I put everything in the crockpot and cooked on low for 4 hours. I used boneless, skinless chicken- and this way, the calories and fat are quite low. The recipe as written is calculated on just boneless chicken- and looking at the calories/fat content, it was based on chicken with skin? Thanks for a great tasting recipe!
This was wonderful! I coated the chicken with flour in a baggie and only used 1 can tomatos caise that's all I had. Turned out great. Good flavor and easy. DH wants this again, soon.