Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yummy and light dish of chicken, basil and tomato garlic sauce over angel hair pasta! Can be served hot or cold.
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white onion (chopped fine)
- 2 garlic cloves (diced)
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1. For the chicken, marinade in Italian dressing over night. Then bake in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let cool, then cube.
- 2. Cook Angel hair pasta in a pot of salted boiling water until it is al dente, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions and garlic. Work in the tomatoes, basil, salt and hot pepper flakes. Reduce heat to medium, and cover. Simmer for about 5 minutes, add in chicken, stir frequently, cook until the mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft.
- 4. Toss the sauce in with the angel hair pasta to coat. Serve with Parmesan cheese.