Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy and light dish of chicken, basil and tomato garlic sauce over angel hair pasta! Can be served hot or cold.
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white onion (chopped fine)
- 2 garlic cloves (diced)
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1. For the chicken, marinade in Italian dressing over night. Then bake in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let cool, then cube.
- 2. Cook Angel hair pasta in a pot of salted boiling water until it is al dente, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions and garlic. Work in the tomatoes, basil, salt and hot pepper flakes. Reduce heat to medium, and cover. Simmer for about 5 minutes, add in chicken, stir frequently, cook until the mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft.
- 4. Toss the sauce in with the angel hair pasta to coat. Serve with Parmesan cheese.