Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is easy to assemble ahead of time -- Looks really pretty and tastes wonderful. Serve with fresh green beans, wild rice and garlic toast!
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (pound to flatten)
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- First make your sauce and set aside at room-temp while the chicken is cooking.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix chopped basil and garlic and place 1 tablespoon on each chicken breast.
- In shallow bowl mix yogurt& mustard.
- In dish mix bread crumbs& cheese.
- Roll-up chicken to enclose basil& secure with tooth-pic.
- Dip in yogurt then bread/cheese mixture.
- Place on sprayed baking dish and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve with a dollop of sauce.
Outstanding! I was looking for something special to do with some leftover yogurt that I made and this fit the bill to a T. I would have never thought to use it in this way. VERY CLEVER and the flavors work perfectly. I sprayed olive oil on the breaded breasts rather than drizzle melted butter and used 6 cloves of garlic. First class, thanks Tami
These were really tasty and the yoghurt dressing is superb!
Moist and tasty (children didn't like it but I do). Didn't (not found in Japan) have Italian breadcrumbs and romano cheese; used plain breadcrumbs and a mixture of parmesan, monterey and bits of jarlsberg cheeses. Forego the melted butter since it was already rich enough. I kinda of like it without the sauce. Thanks. Schin