Recipe by anabellcooks
I made this "panini" style sandwich up one night at the supermarket while searching for something new to make for dinner. I make it in the broiler and then put a heavy frying pan on top of it for the panini effect-but if you have an panini maker or Foreman grill that's even better!
- 1 loaf panini bread
- 2 -3 thin sliced boneless chicken breasts
- 1 roasted red pepper (jar or fresh)
- 5 -6 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 -3 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cook in broiler or grill 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through. Set aside and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Slice panini and place in heated broiler with outsides up. Broil 1-2 minutes until outside is warm and firm.
- Flip panini over. Place slices of red pepper and goat cheese on top slice. Place cheddar cheese on bottom slice. Return to broiler for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is crusty.
- Take out of broiler. Place basil on top of cheddar cheese and chicken on top of basil. Put the top slice of bread on top of chicken.
- Place sandwich on cutting board. Put clean dishtowel on top of sandwich and a heavy fry pan on top of that to "squish" the sandwich. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Slice the sandwich. Serve with a salad or a vegetable side (pan seared asparagus would be good).