1/1 Photo of Chicken Basil Pasta
Kiki Freebird's Note:
Easy, healthy pasta throw-together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml rotini pasta (I used Muellers whole grain)
- 340.19 g chicken tenderloins, cut into bite-sized chunks (I used 6 frozen tenderloins, which was about 12 oz)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 236.59 ml fresh basil, torn & packed
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes (garlic & onion)
- 29.58 ml sun-dried tomatoes (dry in package, not packed in oil. If you do use the kind in oil, I suggest rinsing them first)
- 1Heat skillet on medium. Spray with nonstick spray.
- 2Cook pasta according to directions. (I put the water on to boil while I'm cooking the garlic/onions/chicken, so the pasta is finished about the same time as the rest.).
- 3Toss in onion and garlic. Stir 1 minute.
- 4Add chicken. Stir and cook 3-5 minutes, until chicken is mostly cooked through. At this point, I sprinkled with some ground pepper.
- 5Add can of diced tomatoes and half of basil.
- 6Simmer 3-5 minutes, until basil is wilted.
- 7Add sun-dried tomatoes and rest of basil.
- 8Simmer another 2 minutes or so, to let the sun-dried tomatoes soften.
- 9Spoon on top of pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese & enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Basil Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.4
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 102.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 28.4 g