Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Easy, healthy pasta throw-together.
- 473.18 ml rotini pasta (I used Muellers whole grain)
- 340.19 g chicken tenderloins, cut into bite-sized chunks (I used 6 frozen tenderloins, which was about 12 oz)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 236.59 ml fresh basil, torn & packed
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes (garlic & onion)
- 29.58 ml sun-dried tomatoes (dry in package, not packed in oil. If you do use the kind in oil, I suggest rinsing them first)
- Heat skillet on medium. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Cook pasta according to directions. (I put the water on to boil while I'm cooking the garlic/onions/chicken, so the pasta is finished about the same time as the rest.).
- Toss in onion and garlic. Stir 1 minute.
- Add chicken. Stir and cook 3-5 minutes, until chicken is mostly cooked through. At this point, I sprinkled with some ground pepper.
- Add can of diced tomatoes and half of basil.
- Simmer 3-5 minutes, until basil is wilted.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and rest of basil.
- Simmer another 2 minutes or so, to let the sun-dried tomatoes soften.
- Spoon on top of pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese & enjoy!
Very nice, a simple dish much enjoyed as a weeknight dinner. Used chicken breast fillets and penne, tossing the penne in the sauce. I have lots of fresh basil in the garden right now, which complements this dish so well. A great fan of sun-dried tomatoes, they are always a good addition to any meal and go so well with chicken! Thanks Kiki, good recipe, enjoyed for PAC Fall 2012
Skipped sun-dried tomatoes and added splash of balsamic vinegar. Cut way back on the onion. Used undrained can of tomatoes, so waited until sauce had satisfactorily reduced. Big hit with the household.
Very good. I would definitely make this again. I liked the sun-dried tomato flavor.