Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I can sum up this recipe in three words, quick, easy and delicious. Serve with warm crusty French bread and a tossed salad and you have a great meal. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14 ounce) candiced Italian tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet heat olive oil. Reserve 1/2 a teaspoons of the basil.
- Sprinkle chicken with a combination of the basil, salt and pepper.
- Saute till chicken is nicely browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken and keep warm on a plate.
- Add butter saute, onions, mushrooms, and garlic till tender.
- Add tomatoes, broth, 1/2 teaspoons basil, red pepper flakes to skillet.
- Bring to a boil and add chicken. Let simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the chicken is done.
- If you need to you can thicken sauce with mixing flour and water together.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti and top with fresh parmesan.
I liked the dish very much with the exception of the red pepper flakes. It made the meal not too enjoyable due to the mild spicy flavor. Will try it again but without the pepper.
We have just finished dinner and had to rate this recipe ASAP...I used 2 breast and followed the recipe except for 1/3 c chopped red and green pepper..I had to put it in the oven for a hour as we had things to do..And the sauce cooked down nicely and didnt need thickening..I used angel hair pasta..We liked this very much..Reminded me of a pasta dish I had while in St.Louis,the sauce was very much the same and it was meatless..I will be making this again..Thank U for this wonderful recipe...
Fabulous! I love how easy it is and so tasty! This will be added to my list of quick weeknight meals. Thanks!