Recipe by J Bowen
I can sum up this recipe in three words, quick, easy and delicious. Serve with warm crusty French bread and a tossed salad and you have a great meal. Enjoy!
Top Review by l0ve2c00k
I liked the dish very much with the exception of the red pepper flakes. It made the meal not too enjoyable due to the mild spicy flavor. Will try it again but without the pepper.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14 ounce) candiced Italian tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet heat olive oil. Reserve 1/2 a teaspoons of the basil.
- Sprinkle chicken with a combination of the basil, salt and pepper.
- Saute till chicken is nicely browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken and keep warm on a plate.
- Add butter saute, onions, mushrooms, and garlic till tender.
- Add tomatoes, broth, 1/2 teaspoons basil, red pepper flakes to skillet.
- Bring to a boil and add chicken. Let simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the chicken is done.
- If you need to you can thicken sauce with mixing flour and water together.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti and top with fresh parmesan.