Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can substitute chicken stock for white wine in this recipe, if preferred. Use the same amount.
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 300 ml cream
- 400 g pasta, cooked until al dente
- Grill, steam or microwave chicken breasts until they are tender and cooked through.
- Cut into strips.
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion and tomatoes; stir over heat until onion is soft.
- Add wine, bring to boil, reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 1 minute
- Add tomato paste, sugar and fresh basil; stir until smooth.
- Add cream and chicken; stir over low heat until heated though.
- Spoon over freshly cooked pasta; garnish with basil.
excellent easy recipe!
this is a fresher, sweeter version of my "Barbie's chicken" and I think the basil makes a real difference!
I actually made this for "barbie" as came to spend the weekend with me, and she gave it 5 as well :)
made for Aussie Swap august 2010
I'm afraid this really didn't appeal to me all that much. DS wouldn't touch it after a taste, and DH was pretty neutral. I didn't care for the flavor combination of sun-dried tomatoes and cream, I think. I'm sorry we didn't like it better. Thanks anyway, Sonya! Update: Upped to 4 stars, because it's not the fault of the recipe that I didn't like one of the main ingredients.
Once the chicken is cooked, this recipe takes no time to make. I made exactly as per recipe and it was fantastic, very creamy and very yummy. I did serve some parmesan cheese on top, and it was terrific. We had some left over and I served it as a cold salad the next day, and it tasted just as nice cold as it did hot. Great easy and yummy recipe SonyaS01, will be making again both hot and cold.