Recipe by Sonya01
You can substitute chicken stock for white wine in this recipe, if preferred. Use the same amount.
Top Review by mummamills
excellent easy recipe!
this is a fresher, sweeter version of my "Barbie's chicken" and I think the basil makes a real difference!
I actually made this for "barbie" as came to spend the weekend with me, and she gave it 5 as well :)
made for Aussie Swap august 2010
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 300 ml cream
- 400 g pasta, cooked until al dente
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill, steam or microwave chicken breasts until they are tender and cooked through.
- Cut into strips.
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion and tomatoes; stir over heat until onion is soft.
- Add wine, bring to boil, reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 1 minute
- Add tomato paste, sugar and fresh basil; stir until smooth.
- Add cream and chicken; stir over low heat until heated though.
- Spoon over freshly cooked pasta; garnish with basil.