Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can substitute chicken stock for white wine in this recipe, if preferred. Use the same amount.
Make and share this Chicken, Basil and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- Grill, steam or microwave chicken breasts until they are tender and cooked through.
- Cut into strips.
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion and tomatoes; stir over heat until onion is soft.
- Add wine, bring to boil, reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 1 minute
- Add tomato paste, sugar and fresh basil; stir until smooth.
- Add cream and chicken; stir over low heat until heated though.
- Spoon over freshly cooked pasta; garnish with basil.
excellent easy recipe!
this is a fresher, sweeter version of my "Barbie's chicken" and I think the basil makes a real difference!
I actually made this for "barbie" as came to spend the weekend with me, and she gave it 5 as well :)
made for Aussie Swap august 2010
I'm afraid this really didn't appeal to me all that much. DS wouldn't touch it after a taste, and DH was pretty neutral. I didn't care for the flavor combination of sun-dried tomatoes and cream, I think. I'm sorry we didn't like it better. Thanks anyway, Sonya! Update: Upped to 4 stars, because it's not the fault of the recipe that I didn't like one of the main ingredients.
Once the chicken is cooked, this recipe takes no time to make. I made exactly as per recipe and it was fantastic, very creamy and very yummy. I did serve some parmesan cheese on top, and it was terrific. We had some left over and I served it as a cold salad the next day, and it tasted just as nice cold as it did hot. Great easy and yummy recipe SonyaS01, will be making again both hot and cold.