This is a great Weight Watcher recipe. 8 pts. per serving. I sometimes add a little diced bell pepper. You can use leftover taco meat, turkey (with cranberries!), whatever you have on hand. You are going to love these.
- 3 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or 2 cups leftover taco meat or 2 cups ground beef or 2 cups turkey
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt the cream cheese, margarine, salt, pepper, milk and onion either in the microwave for 15-20 seconds or in a small saucepan till melted.
- Blend by hand.
- Pour mixture over chicken and stir.
- Divide chicken mixture into 4 sections.
- Separate crescent roll dough into four rectangles and seal perforations.
- Spoon 1/4 mixture into the center of each.
- Pull opposite corners of dough to the center and seal.
- Sprinkle each "baseball" with breadcrumbs.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.