Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Rachel, my MIL. It is a Rachel original! I remember eating barbecued chicken at her table many times. This is a vinegar-based sauce like those popular in some parts of the American South.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Heinz 57 steak sauce (r)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- generous amount red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients.
- Use for chicken, pork, beef, or vegetables.