Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These mini quesadillas are best enjoyed while they're still warm. Don't forget a bowl of guacamole and a serving spoon so your guests can dip in style.
- Heat the chicken, barbecue sauce, and onion together in a small saucepan until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, have your kids use 2 1/2- or 3-inch cookie cutters to cut the tortillas into pairs of matching shapes (ideally, you'll end up with 12 to 16 pairs).
- Place one of each pair of shapes on your work surface and sprinkle cheese on them.
- Add a tablespoon of the chicken mixture and a little more cheese, then top with the matching tortilla shapes.
- Right before serving, place the assembled tortillas, a few at a time, on a warmed griddle and cook over moderate heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- As you cook them, transfer the tortillas to a baking sheet kept in a warm oven until the whole batch is done. Serve at once.
How can you go wrong with barbecued chicken and cheese? I used jalapeno slices instead of onions. I can hardly believe I never tried this combination before. Thanks for posting!