Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 hrs
In 'Slow Cooker: The Best Cookbook Ever' by Diane Phillips
Make and share this Chicken Balsamico With Yukon Gold Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Put the potatoes in the insert of a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp and remove it to paper towels to drain, leaving the drippings in the pan.
- Sprinkle the chicken evenly with 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and add to the bacon drippings.
- Brown the chicken on all sides, 12-15 minutes.
- Add the rosemary and garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Deglaze the skillet with the vinegar, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom and transfer the contents of the skillet to the slow cooker insert.
- Add the broth; cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 5-6 hours, until the chicken and potatoes are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the reserved bacon over the top of the chicken and potatoes before serving.
I wasn't too sure about the large amount of vinegar, but it turned out nice. Reminded me a bit of German Sauerbraten. I served some of the sauce along side.