Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another recipe to try if you are bored with the usual chicken dish. Me and DH like it served with roasted potatoes, fresh sauteed asparagus spears, and crusty bread.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I use Splenda)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian spices (oregano, thyme, basil)
- Put chicken in a shallow bowl.
- Combine the vinegar, chicken stock, sugar, garlic and seasoning in small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Allow chicken to marinate 10 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken and set marinade aside.
- Briefly heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the marinated chicken breasts.
- Cook each chicken breast 4 minutes each side (or until done).
- Add the marinade to the skillet and continue cooking for an additional 3-4 minutes while turning the chicken breasts until they are coked through.