1/2 Photos of Chicken Balls With Oriental Dipping Sauce ( Gluten-Free)
Posting some gluten-free appetizer recipes. This one is a Rick Grant recipe. Be sure to use gluten-free ingredients if required for diet.You can add some finely cut cilantro/coriander to the chicken balls if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1/2 stick celery, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce or 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Oriental dipping sauce
- 1Dice the chicken fillets into very small pieces.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of oile in a preheated wok or frypan/skillet and and stir-fry the chicken over high heat for 3 minutes or until golden. Remove from wok and set aside.
- 3Add the finely diced onion and celery to the wok and stir0fry for 1-2 minutes, until softened.
- 4Place the cooked onion, celery and chicken into a food processor and process until finely minced.
- 5Add soy sauce and enough egg to make a firm mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Using damp hands, shape the chicken mixture into about 30 balls. Refrigerate.
- 7To make the dipping suace: mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- 8Heat the remaining oil in a wok or pan and stir-fry the chicken balls until golden. Brown a few at a time- 6 was suggested inthe original recipe.
- 9Drain the chicken balls on paper towel and keep warm.
- 10Serve the chicken balls on toothpicks with the dipping suace.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Balls With Oriental Dipping Sauce ( Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (10 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 19.5
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 120.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets
gluten-free soy sauce