1/2 Photos of Chicken Balls With Oriental Dipping Sauce ( Gluten-Free)
Posting some gluten-free appetizer recipes. This one is a Rick Grant recipe. Be sure to use gluten-free ingredients if required for diet.You can add some finely cut cilantro/coriander to the chicken balls if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1/2 stick celery, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce or 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Oriental dipping sauce
- 1Dice the chicken fillets into very small pieces.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of oile in a preheated wok or frypan/skillet and and stir-fry the chicken over high heat for 3 minutes or until golden. Remove from wok and set aside.
- 3Add the finely diced onion and celery to the wok and stir0fry for 1-2 minutes, until softened.
- 4Place the cooked onion, celery and chicken into a food processor and process until finely minced.
- 5Add soy sauce and enough egg to make a firm mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Using damp hands, shape the chicken mixture into about 30 balls. Refrigerate.
- 7To make the dipping suace: mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- 8Heat the remaining oil in a wok or pan and stir-fry the chicken balls until golden. Brown a few at a time- 6 was suggested inthe original recipe.
- 9Drain the chicken balls on paper towel and keep warm.
- 10Serve the chicken balls on toothpicks with the dipping suace.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Balls With Oriental Dipping Sauce ( Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (10 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 19.5
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 120.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets
gluten-free soy sauce