Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was my first made up recipe. If you like, throw some vegetables in for good flavor. I usually use stuff like broccoli, black olives, and mushrooms.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag ziti pasta (penne and rigato will also work)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (3 cup) bagshredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (6 ounce) packageslouis rich cooked chicken breasts, sliced (or other brand)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil pasta until cooked all the way through.
- Drain, and pour into a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Cut chicken strips into bite size pieces.
- Add to pasta.
- Pour sauce and half of the cheese over the pasta.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top, and bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese starts to brown.
I had been searching and searching for a basic Ziti recipe that the whole family will love. Even the picky ones.. This is great! Thank you :)
Quick, easy and tasty... perfect for a busy week night. I used Alfredo as the pasta sauce, and it tasted creamy and really complemented the mozzarella cheese. This is a great dish for unexpected guests, since most people have the ingredients already on hand.
I was short on time, one night, and happened to have all of these ingredients. What a nice surprise! Simple, quick and tasty. Thanks, David Gann!