Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve with a green salad.
Make and share this Chicken Baked With Shallots, Olives and Thyme recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in a shallow roasting tin or baking dish. Tuck the shallots, garlic and olives in around the chicken and place the thyme sprigs on top.
- Drizzle over the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and drizzle over the sherry vinegar.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
This has wonderful rich flavor. I had to use dried thyme, which was still quite tasty, and I also subbed balsamic for the vinegar. I served this with a bit of pasta and some steamed broccoli as well as salad. For company, it might be desirable to brown the chicken quickly on both sides before the baking step (mine came out rather white-looking)--I guess in that case it might be good to start the shallots and garlic in advance so that they'd all be done at the same time--but all that obviously adds complexity and another pan to clean. As written, this is a fast and easy dish to prepare and clean up after... making for a very high flavor to effort ratio!